Our world has widely become desperately overpopulated. Development in the medical and technological fields allows us to live to an older age than what was the norm before. One example of a densely overpopulated country was China. To overcome this problem, China has created (dun dun dun!!!) the one child policy!! Now I know some people who are being quite ignorant. These people are always saying things like "Oh my gosh I can't believe they won't let them have more than one child. I can't believe they're limiting their human rights so much!" Well, for one thing, apparently they don't even know what the one child policy is. Second, they obviously don't understand the gravity of the situation. The one child policy does state that one family may only have one child that is recognizable under the law. That doesn't mean that they can't have another child. It's not like they can just reach into your house and take your child or something. What this means is that only one of your children will be recognized by the government and will be provided for like medical coverage and stuff like that. The other children you have to provide for yourself. This isn't to inhibit your right to have babies, but to discourage too many births, because too many people means less food and resources as well as money.
Although many may disagree with it, I do think that the one child policy is a pretty good system. It discourages too many children, but they aren't saying that you can't ever have another child except for one.
Okay now for reflections! Okay, so last time you probably read about me getting a part in a play. It's so much fun!!! People are always saying that they're so bored of going to practice and rehearsals. Well I just love it! It's so much fun to act and to play around with fellow theatre buddies!!! So no worries there. Anyway, I believe performances are in about two weeks so be sure to buy tickets and come watch!! Other than that there isn't much left to talk about. Well I guess I could talk about my book. Although my rate for writing has slowed down because of all the work we do at school, I do believe that it is progressing and I'm finally coming to another conflict!! So yeah, thanks for reading!!!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment