Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Favorite Place in the Country

Um...To tell you the truth, I haven't been to that many places in my country. Okay...So I've gone to like New York, Indiana, and Texas before. Ooh! I guess I can talk about Washington D.C., right? Well, I was around five or six when I first went to Washington D.C. It was huge!!! It was really beautiful. I got to see the White House, but I don't think I got to go inside it, I mean they might have thought I would try to kill the President or something ; ) Anyway, Washington D.C. also has the Lincoln Memorial there. It's of our sixteenth president Abraham Lincoln, in case nobody knew that, and it really is humongous, especially to five/six year old me. Back then I didn't know very much about the presidents and the things they did for our country, but standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial just quiets your spirit in a way. If you just kind of stare at it, you just feel all of this pride for your country for a reason you may not even understand. It's like, in your own quiet world, looking at the Lincoln Memorial, somehow you're able to know all the great things America had done before.

No comments: